A woman died Monday following an apparent cooking accident in her apartment in Jackson Heights, Queens.
The New York City Fire Department says they responded to a 911 call Monday morning for a woman in cardiac arrest.
Fire officials believe the woman was severely burned when her sleeve caught on fire while cooking.
They say she then went into the hallway, where she went into cardiac arrest.
She was pronounced dead at the scene.
One neighbor said the victim was a nice woman who was always cooking for others in the building.
Police said no criminality was suspected.